Sunday, 22 March 2015

Two blue lines

I cannot believe the post I am about to write. Like seriously. I know us mums say this alllll the time, but where does the time go?!

This post marks the date and time we found out that their was a little tiny life growing in my tummy, and of course I just had to write about it.

The week before we found out was actually full of signs, that I didn't notice at the time but looking back it was quite obvious! 

The Sunday before we found out, we went to the pub with some friends, it was the first sunny weekend of march and I ordered my usual Pink Bulmers my perfect sunny day drink which I usually would drink down no problem, but I just couldn't drink it, I played with it until it eventually went warm and left pretty much all of it (sign number 1!)

This was the week before I started my new job so I roped my mum in to help me wallpaper our bedroom, I usually love a bit of wallpapering, but I was a nightmare, I'm still surprised my mum didn't go home I was being that annoying haha.  I had to keep lying down like after each strip. I moaned constantly about my back hurting and that the paste smelt so strongly that I kept gagging. I remember my mum saying "the paste does not smell", I guess it does if your pregnant!!

Saturday 22nd of March was the day I was due on, I don't always come on exactly to the day but when I woke up on that morning, I knew I was pregnant.

Chris was at work and I laid on the bed waiting for what felt like an eternity for him to come home. Having had a negative test previously I felt like I was being silly and that it was just my imagination running away with me and Chris didn't want to get his hopes up, neither of us did.  Having being told I may suffer fertility problems and would be unlikely to conceive quickly and easily it was so unexpected.  I text Chris and asked him to pick a test up, and he excitedly rushed home. (Why do we always send the men for the tests?!)

I tinkled on the little stick and put it in the sink and wondered around the bathroom.  Mr P was so convinced that it would be negative that he continued getting changed.

I could not believe my eyes when I saw two blue lines, I kept reading the box to see if I was reading it wrong, but nope, there they were. Two Blue Lines.


I ran through to Chris shouting its positive, its positive, and standing with his jeans half on, Chris found out he was going to be a dad. His dreams had come true (top baby making points to me) I will never ever forget the huge smile on his face as we laid on the bed hugging excitedly but in silence.  Although it was something we both wanted, we were still shocked. We had actually made a baby, holy shit! haha. It sounds so strange but we laughed a lot, I honestly couldn't stop laughing... Probably nervous laughter!

Chris then went back to asda and bought a digital one that said how many weeks I was, only 1-2 weeks! Finding out so early meant my pregnancy was so so long!!!

We didn't know what to do, but decided that we should tell our mums, I regret telling my mum over the phone but she was so supportive, and assured me we would make great parents and she knew and was so supportive that, despite our ages (21 and 22)  it was 100% the right time for us.

People always ask me "was it an accident" #was it planned", I hate both of those questions, no baby should be described as an 'accident' and I'm sorry you cannot get pregnant 'by accident'! Freddie wasn't planned or unplanned, we  knew we wanted to start our family in our early 20s and Freddie surprised us earlier than we imagined, so although the timing wasn't planned, our baby was.

Unfortunately by the following morning I was suffering with complications with my diabetes being caused by the pregnancy and I was admitted to Kings College Hospital in London.  My pregnancy was hard, so hard, and scary and I still cannot believe exactly a year to the day, I am laying here, with a beautiful healthy, perfect baby boy in my arms.

We couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my latest post! I would love to hear all your comments, or you can email me at mrpbabyandme@gmail.com or facebook me, tweet me... whatever takes your fancy!