Saturday, 28 March 2015

You know your a Mummy when...

So many things happen in my everyday life that make me think yep, the pre-baby, carefree former Amie is long gone. So I thought it would be fun to write a list of things that I am sure my fellow mums will relate too! I have been writing this for weeks, I kept thinking of more to add!

Friends without children, will be reading this thinking "I will never be like that". Well actually, Yes, Yes you will. Just wait!

1. You know you’re a mum when your idea of wearing clean clothes actually means you've wiped the sick off with a baby wipe. Well, I already have enough washing.

2. You know you’re a mum when your baby has wee'd on the rug, carpet and sofa but you really don't care. You will happily let visitors sit in the exact spot your baby wee'd on earlier.

3. You know you’re a mum when you want to kiss your baby's bottom. I could actually eat Freddie's bottom, it is so cute and squishy and soft I would happy rub my cheek against his 'cheeks'.

4. You know you’re a mum when you could literally burst into tears at any moment, it doesn't take much. A smile from your beautiful bubba and you can be a blubbering mess. I could cry right now just thinking about Freddie. *sob*

5. You know you’re a mum when a trip to Asda on your own feels like a luxury two week holiday to the Maldives.

6. You know you’re a mum when the feeling of fresh hot milky sick dribbling into your bra doesn't faze you. This is just normal life now.

7. You know you’re a mum when you dream of some alone time but miss your baby as soon as you get some.

8. Back to the baby wipes again. You know you’re a mum when you deem your house is clean because you have wiped down the kitchen sides, the coffee table, the baby's room and the bathroom sink with baby wipes. Who needs cleaning products? All hail the superwipe. 

9. You know you’re a mum when the perfect romantic gesture from your partner is him offering to change the next smelly nappy. Why do babies only poop 9-5? They save all the best bits for mummy!

10. You know you’re a mum when you are genuinely excited when your child does a big burp and shriek 'good boy' in your new found 'mum voice'.

11. You know you’re a mum when being dressed before 12pm is something you should surely get a medal for?!

12. You know you’re a mum when you can survive a busy day on hardly any sleep. Actually, scrap that. You know you’re a mum when you can survive months on hardly any sleep, and still keep yourself looking respectable (most of the time), bring up a healthy happy child, keep your house clean, and keep your family, friends and hubby happy. Seriously how do we do it?!

13. You know you’re a mum when you can sing Old Macdonald had a farm in a high pitched voice with a big smile on your face whilst worrying about a million things and writing several mental to-do lists.

14. You know you’re a mum when you don't use instagram filters anymore! Babies are beautiful and don't need filters! Mummy on the other hand...

15. You know you’re a mum when having a shower or a wee with an audience is completely normal.  Never take peeing on your own for granted!

16. You know you’re a mum when you fantasise about sleep before you are out of bed.

17. You know you’re a mum when you love buying nice new comfy PJs. You love pyjamas more than life itself.

18. You know you’re a mum when your baby has been in bed for half an hour and your still watching Peppa Pig and not ashamed to say you're enjoying it.

19. You know you're a mum when you rock the shopping trolly.

20. You know you're a mum when you've been washing the same load for 2 days, because you keep forgetting to dry it!

Thanks for reading, I would love to hear yours!


3 comments:

  1. So true (although peppa pig is not even mentioned in this house I hate it that much haha). How did we survive without baby wipes before?! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All so true! It's Mickey Mouse I end up watching after Jacob has gone to bed and find myself moaning to my fella that I've already seen that episode! haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This list is so true, I wrote one of these too. I couldn't live without baby wipes now! xx
    Steph | www.raisingemily.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my latest post! I would love to hear all your comments, or you can email me at mrpbabyandme@gmail.com or facebook me, tweet me... whatever takes your fancy!