Sunday, 3 July 2016

Family Adventures - A walk in the Lavender


"We didn't realise we were making memories, we were just having fun". 


Back in my full time working days I used to drive past the most stunning Lavender fields in Shoreham, the road was pretty high up and the view was the most beautiful sea of purple.  I have always wondered what  else was there so on Sunday we decided to go exploring to see if we could find a way in to have some fun in the purple fields and take some nice family photos.  With Chris now gone 5 days a week, getting some nice photos to document our weekend feels really important.  


We drove to Lullingstone Country park, parked up and walked about 1/2 a mile in the direction of the purple fields! There was lots of gorgeous countryside to enjoy, little grumpy Fred wasn't keen on the walk but did enjoy daddy's shoulders, looking for aeroplanes and saying hello to all the passing ramblers.  

 
Eventually we came across the cutest, most quaint little Lavender farm! 


To Fred's delight there was cow's and tractors galore.  There was a gorgeous farm shop with all sorts of lavender goodies for sale, I bought 3 huge bunches and some fresh cherries on the way out.

Lovely shop!
 

 It was slightly disappointing as there was actually only a fairly small square of Lavender you could go in to take pictures and the main field was cordoned off, to go exploring through all the fields you had to go on the Lavender tour, which I would definitely like to do one day, at £5 a person I didn't think it was too bad, and I you got a guide, and got to take some lavender away.  Freddie was a bit too grumpy but there was lots of children on the tour who looked like they were really engaged.  

  

  

The open Lavender spot was quite busy but I commandeered us a good spot, and we may have snuck under the barrier for some cheeky pics!  Fred loved watching all the bumble bees, and was fascinated by touching and smelling the lavender, it really did smell devine.  He did delight the crown with an incredible diva strop, but we will gloss over that bit! Bless his cottons, those big molars are really making him miserable. 


 









Note the absolute mare I was having with the exposure! but it's the only family one where we all have our eyes open. classic, I am sure I would have got more had I not cried for 5 minutes from the agony of shutting my finger in my new tripod!! *face palm*







We had planned on walking round Lullingstone country park after the farm, but Little F had different ideas and had a complete meltdown when we suggested the swing park, but it looked so lovely so we will defintely go back to explore some more.  The Lavender farm actually has its own car park if you just want to visit there and save the £2.50 car park charge at Lullingstone.  If you have a couple of hours one afternoon I would definitely recommend Castle Farm, it was a really sweet morning trip, there isnt much other than the cows, a few tractors to look at, the lavender fields and the little farm shop but we loved it and it was more than enough for little ones and the other children looked to be loving the tour.  The only thing that let it down was that visitors were able to drive through the farm, which was a but hairy at times.  All in all, a successful Sunday. 


1 comment:

Thanks for reading my latest post! I would love to hear all your comments, or you can email me at mrpbabyandme@gmail.com or facebook me, tweet me... whatever takes your fancy!