Saturday, 14 January 2017

Finding out about baby #2

So our big announcement is out! Baby P number 2 is on it's way.  It still feels so surreal saying it, and despite being something we both really wanted, I am definitely still in shock! What have we let ourselves in for!

So let's rewind.  We had decided to start trying for baby number 2 back in June 2016.  This decision definitely felt bigger than deciding to have a first baby, well baby number 1 surprised us but you know what I mean.  there was more at stake this time, we had Fred to consider and we wrote pro's and con lists for baby number 2, we put a lot a lot of thought into it and came to the decision that yes we wanted to try for baby number 2.  We knew we didn't want another winter baby, mainly from a 'spread the cost of birthdays and christmas point of view' and it would be nice to have something different but we also decided if I wasn't pregnant by October we would stop trying as I didn't want to be due around the time I am due to be a bridesmaid for my gorgeous friend in August (sorry Jade!),  and that we would try again from June 2017.  October came and no blue line appeared so that was that, no more baby attempts for now. 

Fast forward to November, and a week before we officially found out, I just had this feeling, I had a few little odd symptoms, all the same when I was pregnant with Freddie before we found out.  Crazy sense of smell, couldn't bring myself to finish my prosecco (VERY unlike me) and I had no symptoms of being 'due on' which I would normally have.  And something in me just knew I think.  

So after we returned from Centre Parcs on Friday 18th November, I popped to waitrose and bought a pack of their pregnancy tests.  about 8pm and it was negative. I had been so convinced, I was pretty upset as was Chris, I had a little cry and we had a little cuddle.  I woke early on the Saturday, excited for one of my best friend's baby shower and decided to do the other test as it was a twin pack, again was negative.  

Just as I went to throw it in the bin, I noticed the faintest, faintest line.  I thought it was my imagination, so took it out into the daylight, and yep there was definitely just about the faintest line. I showed it to Chris who said he could also see something. We must have looked hilarious squinting at the tiny stick, holding it up into the light, shining our torch on it!  I took a photo but it was barely visible. 


 So Chris popped to Asda and bought a Clearblue digital. And there it was in black and white letters.


Pregnant. 
1-2 Weeks. 

poor chris had just been dragged out of bed, whilst I was all dressed up for a baby shower!
The next part of the story should be happiness and tales of laying together imagining our new baby.  But a few hours after I returned from the baby shower, I came down with the sickness bug Freddie had had the week earlier.  It was awful! And made me quite anxious as to whether baby would be ok.  I don't think we really put much thought into it for a few weeks as we had a lot of other things going on in our life keeping us busy and I wanted to try not to get my hopes up as there was the chance the sick bug could cause something to go wrong.  We could only hope.

I started my 5mg of Folic Acid which is recommended for Diabetic Mothers, booked in with the Midwife and booked in for the bi-weekly diabetic antenatal clinic.  I was feeling very nervous how I would manage a few hours at the hospital having to concentrate on everything to do with my diabetes and pregnancy with a toddler in tow, usual circumstances would mean my mum would have helped me, but with Dad starting his cancer treatment that wasn't going to be an option.  This pregnancy is going to be difficult in lots of ways, but I want to treasure every moment as I think it will be my last.  I cannot wait to have another little peers, make Freddie a big brother and complete our little family. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my latest post! I would love to hear all your comments, or you can email me at mrpbabyandme@gmail.com or facebook me, tweet me... whatever takes your fancy!