Friday, 5 May 2017

Bump Diaries - 28 Weeks Pregnant

 
Ahhhh! I've reached the third trimester! How can I be 28 weeks pregnant?! I know I say it all the time but I just feel totally mind blown that we are here at 28 weeks! For me, the ten week countdown until induction is now on. Panic stations! 
 
It's been a slightly more eventful 2 weeks since my last update...

Symptoms:
Tiredness obvs. Although I'm not sure if this is a symptom or just my life now haha. I feel like I should have it put on my answering machine.   Similar to last week I'm really aching, my pelvis and back are really feeling the effects now. I didn't experience the pelvic pain first time around,  I now suspect that baby is head down which might explain why. The other symptom that is driving me mad, and I can't remember if I've mentioned it before as I've actually had it on & off since 12 weeks, is like constant sinus pain. I am always stuffy and am waking during the night with dryest mouth, literally no amount of water helps, and I think it's because im mouth breathing! I've been told it's a pregnancy thing and well, it can bugger off quite frankly! I'm really breathless in general and even sitting up in the car leaves me feeling horrid. I'm waiting to find out if I'm aneamic which could explain the severity of symptoms. I literally feel like I'm going to pass out if I'm sitting upright too long, someone tell me they've had this too?! It's driving me bananas! 

Cravings:
Give me all the apples. They need to be really crunchy and have been in the fridge though. If not you will have a pregnant women's wrath to deal with. 

Diabetes and Hospital:
This has all been a bit shite this week, you may have seen my Instagram mini meltdown (thanks for all the lovely dms by the way!) - I won't bore you with too much detail as I know the ins and outs of diabetes will confuse most people but the insulin resistance is really becoming a problem. I am on triple the amount of inusin I was on now. I am eating as less carbs as possible to help, but they just have a mind of their own. I ended up in the triage unit on Tuesday thanks to my sugars climbing and climbing. They eventually got to 22 and no insulin was doing anything so I had to go in. It was good to hear baby girl doing well on the monitor, I am booked in for a scan on our return from Butlins next week so we can see how she is doing. The anxiety knowing these sugars are likely to be affecting her leaves me so tearful, I am doing everything i can, and I am feeling really let down by my medical team, which I am going to find the strength to deal with. I also have noticed a difference since I had the new pump, I'm not sure I'm really getting on with it, so again something to talk about. I'm just sitting tight & doing everything I can until we can get some answers from the scan. 
 
 

Bedroom, mood and kicks:
 
Wow this girl can move. Her movements are absolutely incredible, she keeps me up until about 2 every morning as I just can't sleep through her huge rolls. Mr P and Freddie have felt her so much this week. I love seeing their expressions when they feel her little knees sticking out, all the feels! 
 
 
I've definitely been feeling a bit down this week. Just because the frustrations of diabetes and pregnancy and feeling let down by the hospital. But my mood has definitely been lifted by our little trip away, I got some lovely new maternity clothes, got dressed up for a wedding, got my nails done etc so that was a lovely pick me up. I don't remember being so emotional with Fred, I wonder if it's a girl pregnancy thing?! 

 
 
 
The best thing this week is we finally got the bedroom done. A few finishing touches are needed but I am so in love with it! There will of course be a post coming, as I can't wait to share with you. I'm so impressed how we've made a small space work and look so good, it's also really helped with the fact we won't be moving before baby comes. If you saw my Insta you will see we lost our dream house in the ruthlessness that is buying a house here, and as of yet there really is nothing on the market remotely close to what we want so I've had to accept there will most likely be no move in 2017, so doing up there room has definitely helped me feel better about it.  I can finally start buying more clothes etc, there really is something so special about folding away all those first clothes. I've been organising and reorganising the drawers a million times already! There's just something so special about preparing for a baby isn't there! 

 
Would love to hear how you are feeling at 28 weeks, I know there are lots of you with very close due dates to me! 

Thank you for reading lovelies.. next stop 30 weeks!!! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my latest post! I would love to hear all your comments, or you can email me at mrpbabyandme@gmail.com or facebook me, tweet me... whatever takes your fancy!